Monday, February 19, 2007

Pour the cofee, pour the tea

After I was done working out, a gym buddy of mine, would consider going to Palestine and Jordan with my family and I next year, if advance notice was given because of the preference for the local and not tourist culture. "I think it is very important to experience the culture at the local level of the country. That is how you know people who are of different backgrounds," my gym buddy told me. I had this big grin on my face, and I told my buddy that I will give advance notice of when we travel.

I was touched that a partial stranger (we only converse at the gym) was comfortable to tell me this. I told my buddy that my house is open, so there is no need for a hotel.

Have any of you had a similar incident, where your colleague or some body wanted to know about your culture? If so, let me know by commenting...

So when next year comes, as a song goes in Arabic, "Subil Qahwa, subil shay..." "Pour the coffee, pour the tea..."

No comments: