Friday, February 9, 2007

Things to know...

A few weeks ago, friends and I had a discussion of why weren't Muslims and Arabs portrayed positively as living life in the media. An example of what I mean is that a bunch of Muslim college students--males and females, attended a Chicago Bulls game about one month ago; the ones who didn't attend were watching the game that night at home.

Although the cameras scanned parts of the audience, not once did they bring any Muslim on television. See some of the Muslim females were wearing the hijab, a head cover with loose clothing.

So my friends we discussed that. They said that the media would love to record a Muslim at the game, however due to lack of knowledge they avoid all together because they want to be sensitive towards Muslims and Arabs.

If that is the case, then I will give you and anyone else who is interested in getting a short course on things you wanted to know about Muslims and Arabs, but are too afraid to ask or you never had the chance to.

What I ask of you is this, keep an open mind as you visit my blog, feel free to post constructive criticism, and I don't mind engaging in professional dialogue.

OK, be ready for many fabulous things about Muslims and Arabs on this blog. Be sure to check daily!

No comments: