Monday, July 16, 2007

Stereotypes of Muslims and Arabs

Stereotypes of Muslims and Arabs need to be corrected. I had some friends tell me, if they didn't know me they would have believed t hose stereotypes. Yes, they are non Arab and Non Muslim. I thanked them for their honesty, yet I realize that many Muslims and Arabs have to work hard to correct those stereotypes.

We need to be doing our effort in "volunteering" correct information. Socialize. Get to know your neighbor and vice versa. Volunteer at your child's school. Join a local organization that does volunteer work for the community. Share your food. I am telling you food is a the key. Born and raised in the good ol' US, I have seen food do wonders to many people.

So, I am telling you my fellow Muslims and Arabs and supporters, do something to help correct those stereotypes.

No comments: