Monday, December 10, 2007

Let's Be Clear

Yesterday, I had read on CNN and Aljazeera that a chain-email was circulated by a couple of volunteers working on the Hillary Clinton's campaign. However those volunteers were forced to resign from
the campaign.

This email was a rumor about Barack Obama being a Muslim and wanting to destroy the U.S. once he gets elected.

I just groaned when I read the articles because now being a Muslims is an insult. At least that is what I get from making inferences after reading the articles and that ridiculous email.

Well, I am going to state a few brief facts about Muslims in America. Muslims:

  • Are men, women and children from diverse countries including Americans. Majority of Muslims are not of Arab descent.
  • Advocate education, often sending their children to college.
  • Volunteer through organizations, charities, or as individuals.
  • Believe in one God.

No comments: