Friday, January 11, 2008

An Obvious Paradise

Masha'Allah, it was a beautiful video clip - A Land Called Paradise. I know many American Muslims wept when they watched it for the first time. I can imagine the strain of living under a magnifying glass being maligned just for choosing Islam as a way of life. Insha'Allah the video serves as a purpose for da'wa for both Muslims and nonMuslims.

One of my favourite messages was "I do not want to drink something that kills someone every 31 minutes." So far that is my favourite response to "so, why don't you drink and be merry? Why? Why? Why?" I'll keep that response in mind. Sometimes I know it is so obvious but sometimes, even being a Muslim in a Muslim majority country, it can be tough to answer. Maybe someone should come up with a video on what Majority Muslims wish to say. That would be interesting.
Speaking of the obvious, once upon a time, before I found out I could be potential carier of Mad Cow Disease, I was on the way to a Red Cross facility to donate blood. The bank was closed for the day, of all days, but they had not taken down the signange reading the terms and conditions for donations. It said:

"In order to donate blood,
(1) You must never have experimented in drug abuse,
(2) You must never have engaged in any adulterous relations,
(3) You must never have engaged in anal intercourse,
(4) You must never have engaged in homosexual relations."

Those were just a few conditions - I am pretty sure there were more - but the bottom line is: it is obvious why all of the above are clear prohibitions in the Qur'an.

No comments: