Friday, October 5, 2007

Ramadan routine change?

During the month of Ramadan, do you stick to your same schedule, or do you adapt your schedule to be a little lenient?

I tend to stick to my same schedule because I incorporate Ramadan in my lifestyle. I may not hold to that theory once fasting takes place in the summer (check back with me in a few years from now). I do think fasting in Ramadan also has to have a mental discipline to it, so that you may continue doing the same tasks and activities you were doing before Ramadan.

For example, a non-Muslim friend asked me if I could exercise three times a week, and if I wanted to wait till Ramadan over, my friend would wait as well. I told my friend, "I exercise during Ramadan. It's not a big deal." My friend was encouraged to begin exercising because exercise buddies are an important task for many people.

I exercised this morning, and I feel fine--a bit thirsty, but I tell myself "I am not thirsty" works for me.

I am curious what you do during Ramadan. Do you have no energy? Do you keep your same routine? Post your comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to stick to my same routine during Ramadan--it's easier just to keep the same routine.

My coworkers are amazed when they see me work without eating and drinking anything lol.

hijabhaven said...

salam,
i think Ramadhan makes it alot easier for me to get through the day. more discipline and less distractions - i.e. less trips to the fridge. lol.

but seriously, you really are not thinking about food at all.